Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Norway, Pt. II

After I wrote my original blog post about Norway several fun things happened so I decided to add more about Norway.
The rest of my time there was very enjoyable. I continued with my daily tasks and working on things like the fencing for the sheep (which sadly did not arrive until after I left). It rained most of the rest of the time I was there, but in spite of that we still did some fun things.

The second weekend I was there, Erlend's parents came to visit and all of us went to Verdens Ende (the End of the World), which is the very end of the island they live on where all you can see is the ocean towards Denmark. There were lots of fun rocks to climb on and we walked out as far as we could before we would have had to swim to get to the next rocks. 

Also, Anette's father took me and Grant out on his boat one day! I was excited about the possibility of going on the boat and thought that the weather would prevent it from happening before I left, but it didn't. It was a tiny bit rainy the day we went out but it didn't stop us and didn't make it less enjoyable. We saw the royal family's summer house on the island (which wasn't really much to see, way smaller than many mansions that wealthy people have on the coast in the U.S.) and then we just went up the coast a little towards the bridge that connects Tjome to the larger island next to it. I didn't take pictures because I was too afraid of dropping my phone overboard, but here is a taste of what it looked like. I love the style of the little houses on the Norwegian coast, it just looks so cute and pretty!




I had a great two weeks in Norway learning about permaculture and organic farming, and my hosts were so nice and welcoming. It was a great experience and I'm excited to do more WWOOFing in other places as well. (My next country for that will be Spain, and I have 2 farms lined up to go to.) Here is a picture of me with my hosts on the last night I was there. 



Now for a general update on the progress of my trip so far. It's been a while since I've written because I have been traveling a lot. After leaving Norway, I went to Copenhagen, then I met up with Danielle in Amsterdam, then we went to Paris, and now we are in Barcelona. It has been hard to find time to spend blogging since we've been so busy, and there is the additional complication of the difficulty I've been having uploading pictures. Because my computer is so slow I can't use it to upload pictures so I have to use my phone, and with my phone I have to click on each picture individually in order to add it to the blog. Also, I just had to back up and delete many pictures from my phone because the storage was full, so now to get them to the blog I would  have to select each one individually from Dropbox where they are backed up, save them to my phone, and then repeat the process to save them to the blog. This would take a lot of time for all of the pictures I want to share with you all, and I feel like just writing about the places I have been recently wouldn't really cut it because they are so beautiful. Maybe I will make a Dropbox folder and share the link in a blog post? If anyone has any ideas for how I can solve this dilemma please let me know. In the mean time, I will try to post more about our trip soon, but I'm not sure how successful I will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment